1932, twin brothers and pharmacists Jean et Henri Boiron decided to dedicate their lives to homeopathy. This was the beginning of an epic tale of a shared passion which, over the years, would become a great, worldwide. Both men had keen scientific minds and an indomitable entrepreneurial spirit. Here are a few milestones that have shaped Boiron’s history over the years:
- In June 1932, René Baudry, a highly respected pharmacist specializing in the manufacturing of homeopathic products and founder of the Laboratoire Central Homéopathique de France in Paris, hired Jean and Henri after they graduated from university. One year later, René and Henri started working on developing the Paris laboratory, renaming it Les Laboratoires Homéopathiques Modernes (LHM), while Jean took over development operations at the company in Lyon, known as the Pharmacie Homéopathique Rhodanienne (PHR).
- In 1967, the three laboratories merged to form the Boiron Laboratories.
- The 1970s saw the creation of several regional establishments throughout France.
- In 1978, Christian BOIRON took over management of the company.
- In 1979, Boiron’s first foreign facility was set up in Italy, officially started international development.
- In 2019, Valérie POINSOT took over management of the company as general manager ton conitnue developing homeopathy worldwilde with unswerving confidence and determination and to give all patients the freedom to choose homeopathy.
Today Boiron is a public listed company who has presence over 50 countries, partnering with 28 distirbutors and 3,600 employee. We take pride in serving over 400,000 health care professionals and used by 300 millions people in the world.