The skin plays a significant role as an essential organ in supporting the body's proper functioning. Here are several lesser-known functions of the skin that you may not be familiar with.
- It is protective: the skin is a shield against external aggressions such as ultraviolet rays emitted by the sun, heat, shock or infections.
- It plays a sensory role: it participates in the tactile sense thanks to its numerous nerve endings which transmit different sensations: temperature, pain, etc.
- It regulates our body temperature: thanks in particular to blood vessels and sweat glands, it helps to maintain our temperature around 37°C.
- It participates in the synthesis of vitamin D: an essential nutrient which is involved in the quality of our bone and muscle tissues, as well as in the functioning of our immune system.
- It contributes to the elimination of waste: certain toxins are eliminated through the skin, via sweat.
The skin is much more than just an envelope. It is a protective and fragile organ that contributes to the proper functioning of our body. When it is attacked by friction, irritation, heat, the sun... It loses its properties.
It is therefore essential to take care of it and moisturize the surface layers of the epidermis regularly with Boiron produced dermo-cosmetics products.