Research & Studies
Research on Boiron specialties
We invite you to take a look at some of the studes that showed evidence of Boiron products’ effectiveness have led to publications:
Arnica: an effective, well-tolerated and potential alternativee to NSAIDs
Oscillococcinum: Clinical demonstrated efficacy against influenzia-like symptoms. Reduction in number of respiratory infection episode, no undesirable effect
CICADERMA: Demostrates Pro-healing properties, speeds up skin regenration, improve the quality of regenerated skin, limits inflammatory skin processes
Research on Homeopathy
Currently, there are more than 5,000 studies on homeopathy available to health care professionals on Pubmed, the leading search engine for scientific research. Clinical research is providing evidence of the efficacy of homeopathic medicines, and basic laboratory research is confirming the biological activity of highly diluted substances and helping the scientific community better understand their mechanism of action.
- Thermoluminescence of ultra-high dilutions of lithium chloride and sodium chloride. Rey L. Physica A 323 (2003) 67-74
Ultra-high dilutions of LiCl and NaCl (10-30 g. cm-3) have been irradiated by X and g-rays at 77 K, then progressively rewarmed to room temperature. During that phase, their thermoluminescence has been studied and it was found that, despite their dilution beyond the Avogadro number, the emitted light was specific of the original salts dissolved initially.
- Demangeat JL. Nanosized solvent superstructures in ultramolecular aqueous dilutions: twenty years’ research using water proton NMR relaxation. Homeopathy. 2013 Apr;102(2):87-105. doi: 10.1016/j.homp.2013.01.001
- Doutremepuich C et al Paradoxical effects of Aspirin.. Thrombosis 2012; 2012:676237
In the absence of COX 1, ultra-low doses of aspirin produce an antihemorrhagic effect not observed with intermediate doses. The absence of COX 2 induced a hemorrhagic effect that needs further research, probably originated in compensatory phenomena.
- Bellavite P et al. Assays of homeopathic remedies in rodent behavioural and psychopathological models. Homp 2009; 98, 208–227
- Mohammadi R et al. Homeopathic treatment for peripheral nerve regeneration: an experimental study in a rat sciatic nerve transection model. Homeopathy 2012; 101: 141-146.
- Kokornaczyk M et al. Polycrystalline structures formed in evaporating droplets as a parameter to test the action of Zincum metallicum 30c in a wheat seed model. Homeopathy (2016) 105, 173-179
- Olioso D. et al.: Arnica montana effects on gene expression in a human macrophage cell line. Evaluation by quantitative Real-Time PCR. Homeopathy. 2016 May;105(2):131-47. doi: 10.1016/j.homp.2016.02.001.
- Puhlmann J et al.: Immunologically active polysaccharides of Arnica montana cell cultures. Phytochemistry. 1991;30(4):1141-5.
- Lynn G. et al.: Helenalin, an anti-inflammatory sesquiterpene lactone from Arnica, selectively inhibits transcription factor NF-kappaB. Biol Chem. 1997 Sep;378(9):951-61.
- Frass M. et al. Influence of potassium dichromate on tracheal secretions in critically ill patients. Chest 2005 Mar, 127(3): 936-41
The study suggest that diluted and vigorously shaken potassium dichromate may help to decrease the amount of stringy tracheal secretions in COPD patients.
- Taylor MA et al. Randomised controlled trial of homoeopathy versus placebo in perennial allergic rhinitis with overview of four trial series. BMJ 2000; 321:471-6
- Bell I et al. Improved clinical status in fibromyalgia patients treated with individualized homeopathic remedies versus placebo Rheumatology 2004;43:577–582
- Papp R. et al. Oscillococcinum® in patients with influenza-like syndromes: A placebo-controlled double-blind evaluation. British Homeopathic Journal 1998, 87, 69-76
- Berrebi A. Treatment of pain due to unwanted lactation with a homeopathic preparation given in the immediate post-partum period. Journal of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Biological Reproduction 30; 353-357
- Mathie RT. Controlled clinical studies of homeopathy. Homeopathy 2015;104:328-332
- Mathie RT et al. Randomized placebo-controlled trials of individualized homeopathic treatment: systematic review and meta-analysis. Syst Rev 2014;3:142
- 5th International CEDH Conference – June 24-26, 2016
- Dossett M et al. Homeopathy Use by US Adults: Results of a National Survey. AJPH 2016 doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2015.303025
- Witt C et al Outcome and costs of homoeopathic and conventional treatment strategies: A comparative cohort study in patients with chronic disorders. Complementary Therapies in Medicine (2005) 13:79-86 doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2005.03.005
- Riley D, Fischer M, Singh B, et al. (2001). Homeopathy and Conventional Medicine: An Outcomes Study Comparing Effectiveness in a Primary Care Setting. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 7:149–159.
- Haidvogl M Riley D, Heger M et al. Homeopathic and conventional treatment for acute respiratory and ear complaints: A comparative study on outcome in the primary care setting. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2007; 7: 7. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-7-7
- Grimaldi-BensoudaL, Begaud B, Lert F, et al. Benchmarking the burden of 100 diseases: results of a nationwide representative survey within general practices. BMJ Open 2011;1: e000215. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2011- 000215
- Rossignol M. et al.: Benchmarking clinical management of spinal and non-spinal disorders using quality of life: results from the EPI3-LASER survey in primary care. Eur Spine J (2011) 20:2210–2216 DOI 10.1007/s00586-011-1780-z
- Rossignol M. et al. Who seeks primary care for musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) with physicians prescribing homeopathic and other complementary medicine? Results from the EPI3-LASER survey in France. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2011, 12:21 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/12/21
- Grimaldi-Bensouda L, Engel P,Massol J, et al. Who seeks primary care for sleep, anxiety and depressive disorders from physicians prescribing homeopathic and other complementary medicine? Results from the EPI3 population survey. BMJ Open 2012; 2:e001498. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001498
- Rossignol M. et al.: Impact of physician preferences for homeopathic or conventional medicines on patients with musculoskeletal disorders: results from the EPI3-MSD cohort. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety Volume 21, Issue 10, pages 1093–1101, October 2012. DOI: 10.1002/pds.3316
- Lert F. et al.: Characteristics of patients consulting their regular primary care physician according to their prescribing preferences for homeopathy and complementary medicine. Homeopathy. January 2014 , 103, 51–57
- Grimaldi-Bensouda L, Bégaud B, Rossignol M et al. Management of upper respiratory tract infections by different medical practices, including homeopathy, and consumption of antibiotics in primary care: the EPI3 cohort study in France 2007-2008. PLoS One. 2014 19;e89990. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0089990
Homeopathy and Pharmaceutical care. Boiron M. and Roux F. Edition Similia. 2013, 133 pages
Written by pharmacists for pharmacists. 53 protocols addressing the most frequent conditions seen at the counter. This book provides consumers with practical advice on homeopathic medicines, as well as complementary wellness recommendations that will help restore a person’s health. It presents 40 cases with specific advice and practical treatments in a concise, easy-to-use manner. It also serves as a valuable support for the beginner or as a memory aid for more seasoned homeopathic users.
Pharmacology and Homeopathic Materia medica. CEDH. A modern and a mandatory read for a deeper understanding of homeopathic medicines, this book discusses the reliability of clinical indications, the latest scientific and technical data, and validated teaching methods. More than 300 homeopathic medicines are covered, with a focus on each medicine’s origin and description, general mode of action, main clinical indications, and prescription recommendations. Each prescription is illustrated with a specific clinical example. This Materia Medica has been entirely updated and can be used in daily clinical practice, as well as in personal work.
Gudrun Bornhöft, Peter F. Matthiessen (eds). Homeopathy in Healthcare – Effectiveness, Appropriateness, Safety, Costs: An HTA report on homeopathy as part of the Swiss Complementary Medicine Evaluation Program. Springer 2011
A complete evaluation of the interest of homeopathy in healthcare, prepared for the Swiss Government to evaluate its integration into State Healthcare Program.